Then came a post listing 5 reasons why you need a blog for your business. There are loads more, but five is a nice round number.
Having shared reasons why a blog is a great way to market your business, then came a 5 step guide to setting up your own blog. It’s really that simple – just follow this free guide and you’ll be publishing your own blog in just a day.
Coming up with interesting and inspirational blog content to publish every week isn’t easy (I should know. This monthly review is a nice break from coming up with original stuff – you should try it…) But you can only write one review post a month (or one a week if you publish every day), so this post shared a list of blog topics for you to write today.
The final post of the month was a reminder about the Blogging Network – have you joined yet? This is a successful but under-used technique that helps bring traffic to your site, spread your content and grow your network. Try it – it’s fun.
Other cool posts on the web in January 2011:
- Do you have a Facebook page for your business? Tripwire Magazine has a comprehensive list of tips, tricks and applications to spruce it up
- Every website has a default page that people end up at if they click on a broken link. Most of these pages just say Error 404 – page not found. But this collection shows some more creative error pages that will make your readers smile, rather than tut and get annoyed at finding a dead link
- How to market your business with no budget – guest post on Oh my Handmade Goodness
- If your website is looking a bit stale, here are 25 awesome redesigns of a 90s website that show you just how much difference a great design makes
- And just for a bit of fun, check out Amy-Mae Elliott’s post on Mashable, showcasing 10 boredom busting USB desk toys (just remember: gadgets and toys are great for getting the creativity flowing – if anyone asks)
What great posts made an impact on you last month? Share in the comments below.