But are you doing enough to market your business online this season?
A new ebook from Hubspot, 47 Stats for Remarkable Holiday Marketing, shows how more and more shoppers are heading to the web to research and make their purchases – just some of the figures cited in the free ebook are listed below:
- Online shoppers are expected to grow from 137 million in 2010 to 175 million in 2016
- 52% of consumers will do their holiday shopping online this year
- 3 in 5 retailers will dedicate over 20% of their total online marketing budgets to holiday
- In 2011, almost twice as many used their tablets to make holiday purchases than used phones
- 74% of shoppers search online to get ideas for their holiday wishlists
- 44% of shoppers have bought a product they’ve seen shared in social media
So in summary,having a mobile-optimised site is more important than ever, we should be sharing our best content through social media, and online marketing continues to be a major influence on business at any time of year, Christmas or not!
PS To get more useful data, including the percentage of marketers expecting to invest in a mobile optimised site this year compared with last, download Hubspot’s ebook here: 47 Stats for Remarkable Holiday Marketing
This ebook is being given away as part of the 2012 Perfect Balance Marketing advent calendar – click to access all the goodies from the last week.